New Dance Alliance presents
28th ANNUAL PERFORMANCE MIX FESTIVAL
at HERE June 10-14 at 8:30, June 15 at 4:00
There are a variety of activities through which to experience this season’s festival – check out our special events:
- The Kinesthetic Camera – Exploring, Filming, and Presenting Improvised Movement through the Visual Medium: Saturday, June 7 at NDA’s Loft* 10:00AM – 6:00 PM Tanja London will teach a two part video workshop in the studio and outdoors. The workshop will explore an embodied approach to the camera as well as investigate how editing can contribute to the kinesthetic experience of filmed movement. For more info go to: www.TheKinestheticCamera.com and to register email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Start Up and Reception: Tuesday, June 10, at HERE 8:30 PM the festival will open with artists Sasha Amaya and Paloma Ayala, Nicole Bindler and Curt Hayworth, Christal Brown, Wendell Cooper/Complex Stability, Mei Yamanaka Works and Dana Michel. Following the performance will be a reception to celebrate the beginning of an amazing week.
- Breakfast Mix: Thursday, June 12, at HERE 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM. Join us for breakfast and forum, What Makes a Good Residency? : a discussion on finding a match, application process, and expectations. Breakfast followed by sneak peek performance by NDA’s LiftOff Resident Artist Dana Michel and discussion facilitated by Karen Bernard with guest speakers Marya Warshaw, Executive Director of Brooklyn Arts Exchange and Mario A. Caro, President of Board of Res Artis. Breakfast Mix is hosted by the Cultural Services of Quebec, New York. FREE: RSVP email@example.com
- Closing Performance and Party: Sunday, June 15, at HERE 4 PM. Rounding up the festival with performances by Emily Faulkner, Victoria Libertore, Tanja London, Rebeca Tomas/A Palo Seco Flamenco Company and Prentice Whitlow. The Closing Party will follow at NDA loft*, just a 15-minute walk from HERE, where we’ll share an Italian Taster Menu, Jane Goldberg’s Tap-a-gram™ to her Dad, and our annual silent auction (bring your checkbook, please).
Performance Mix Festival at HERE
Tickets: $15, $30 | Click here to purchase
T: (212) 352-2101 | www.here.org
Unless otherwise noted*, performances take place at HERE 145 Sixth Avenue (between Spring & Broome) Entrance is on Dominick Street
*NDA Loft: 182 Duane Street between Hudson and Greenwich two blocks north of Chambers Street.
This Production is a part of SubletSeries@HERE, HERE’s curated rental program, which provides artists with subsidized space and equipment, as well as technical support.
Video Featurette: Rebeca Tomas/A Palo Seco Flamenco Company
Save the date! Announcing Performance Mix Festival: 28
New Dance Alliance Presents
28th Annual Performance Mix Festival 2014 at HERE
June 10-14 at 8:30pm, June 15 at 4:00pm
New Dance Alliance will present the 28th annual Performance Mix Festival at HERE, June 10 – 14 at 8:30pm and June 15 at 4:00pm along with special events.
“These evenings are often like extended conversations with new and old friends. …accent was on strong performing in the New Dance Alliance’s invaluable Performance Mix Festival.”
—The New York Times
Dana Michel, photo by Maxyme Delisle
Thirty-two eclectic artists present work that sets out in new or not fashionable directions, challenges the definition of dance and takes us out of our comfort zones. It’s a mix-up of local, national, and international artist early, late, or just right in the middle of their careers. Performance Mix is not just a festival, it is a community of dance, performance and video artists from contrasting backgrounds and genres. And you are invited to visit our community.
LiftOff begins March 4th!
LiftOff Workshop begins March 4th
Don’t miss out – reserve your place!
Nami Yamamoto, photo by Julien Jourdes
Register Now! LiftOff Spring Workshop
10 sessions, Tuesdays,
6-9 pm, March 4-May 6
- Meredith Boggia, Independent Producer
- Kathy Kaufman, Lighting Designer
- Maja Lorkovic, NDA Board Member
- Matthew Lyons, curator, The Kitchen
- Vicky Shick, Choreographer
Call for intern and volunteers for Performance Mix Festival
Get involved with the 2014 Performance Mix Festival by applying for our internship or volunteering!
Intern: Duties range from administration, to social marketing, to production coordination. To apply, send a resume to Karen Bernard, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers: Assistance is needed with ushering, box office, set-up/breakdown, food and wine, and donation solicitation. Fill out our online form to apply.
See more information about all opportunities here!