LiftOff Creative and Project Development Residency
Residency August 2018
Announcing 2018 LiftOff Creative and Project Development Artists:
Dorian Nuskind-Oder, photo by Svetla Atanasova
The LiftOff Creative and Project Development Residency provides four physical-based performance artists with a minimum of 30 hours of rehearsal space each, two creative and project development feedback sessions facilitated by NDA director Karen Bernard or guest facilitator. There is no fee for the residency. It is mandatory that artists be available for an introductory meeting on August 1st, mid-month creative (sharing work) and project development session TBA, and creative (sharing work) feedback session on August 31st.
About LiftOff Residency
Summer (August) residency provides three artists with 30 hours of rehearsal space and feedback group creative feedback and project development sessions led by Karen Bernard or a guest facilitator. There is no fee for the residency. To be eligible, applicants must have created and publicly presented three works of a minimum length of 10 minutes each.
Past Resident Artists
- 2017: Oren Barnoy, Millie Kapp, Antonio Ramos, Gabrielle Revlock, Urša Sekirnik
- 2016: Ashley A. Friend, Alice Klugherz, Thea Little, Yara Travieso
- 2015: Lindy Fines, Barbara Mahler, Mersiha Mesihovic
- 2014: Sita Frederick, Malcolm Low, Johanna Meyers, Christopher Williams
- 2013: Diana Crum, Rebecca Lloyd Jones, Prentice Whitlow
- 2012: Michael Freeman, Jil Guyon, Michael Samama
LiftOff receives support from New York State Arts Council, New York City Department of Cultural Affairs and the Mertz-Gilmore Foundation.