LiftOff Creative and Project Development Residency
Residency: Choice of July, August, or September 2019
Application due April 15 at 11:59 PM (EST)
About LiftOff Residency
The LiftOff Creative and Project Development Residency takes place at NDA’s Studio in Tribeca and provides nine physical-based performance artists with a minimum of 30 hours of rehearsal space each, two creative and project development feedback session. The three sessions are in July, August, September 2019 and facilitated by Jil Guyon. There is no fee for the residency.
It is mandatory that artists be available for an introductory meeting on Wednesday April 24, 6-7:30 PM and group feedback. Depending on your residency month, feedback sessions are from 6-9 PM as follows:
- July 21 & 30
- August 12 & 27
- September 10 & 24
Applicants must have produced a full-length evening of work – short works or longer – and be comfortable giving and receiving feedback. Rules: no more than five participants per artist/company, no live music, shoes and props need to be approved.
Past Resident Artists
- 2018: Dorian Nuskind-Oder, Stacy Grossfield Dance Projects, Christopher Unpezverde Núñez, Moriah Evans
- 2017: Oren Barnoy, Millie Kapp, Antonio Ramos, Gabrielle Revlock, Urša Sekirnik
- 2016: Ashley A. Friend, Alice Klugherz, Thea Little, Yara Travieso
- 2015: Lindy Fines, Barbara Mahler, Mersiha Mesihovic
- 2014: Sita Frederick, Malcolm Low, Johanna Meyers, Christopher Williams
- 2013: Diana Crum, Rebecca Lloyd Jones, Prentice Whitlow
- 2012: Michael Freeman, Jil Guyon, Michael Samama
LiftOff receives support from New York State Arts Council, New York City Department of Cultural Affairs and the Mertz-Gilmore Foundation.