Application now available for
LiftOff Creative and Project Development Residency
The LiftOff Creative and Project Development Residency provides four physical-based performance artists with:
- A minimum of 30 hours of rehearsal space
- Two creative and project development feedback sessions facilitated by NDA director Karen Bernard or guest facilitator
There is no fee for the residency.
Deadline: June 1, 2018 Read more
New Dance Alliance, in collaboration with
The Performance Project at University Settlement,
is pleased to announce
Performance Mix Festival: 32
June 7-10, 2018
New Dance Alliance is pleased to announce the lineup for the 32nd annual Performance Mix Festival. “The most elaborate festival of the unpredictable” (The New York Times), the 2018 festival brings together more than 30 artists with diverse approaches to performance, inviting audiences to engage with the unexpected and to experience some of the newest voices in experimental dance. This year’s festival also includes Performance Mix’s annual community breakfast, a free movement workshop, and other special events. The festival runs June 7?10, 2018, at The Performance Project at University Settlement. Performance Mix is curated by New Dance Alliance Founder and Director Karen Bernard. Read more
Tuesdays, February 6-April 24: 6-9 pm
February 6,13, 20 | March 6, 13, 20 | April 3, 10, 17, 24
Includes 20 hours of discounted rehearsal space at $5 per hour
For more information and to register, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop-ins are welcome, just give us a call at: 646-510-1824
Cost: $25 per session Read more
Just two more days to give for 2017!
This year, we face changes across the nation that are having impact around the world. In a small loft in Tribeca, we are considering why we do what we do and why it matters.
Here are some of the reasons we have come up with:
- All voices need to be heard—the alternative and the new, those pushing boundaries and defining fresh genres and those who have made a difference historically.
- Art allows us to see things in new contexts.
- Experimentation and collaboration support greater understanding.
- A single voice can provide inspiration for others.
As you embark on your end-of-year giving, please consider a gift to New Dance Alliance.