Applications for the 31st Annual Performance Mix Festival are now closed. The next deadline will be October 2017.
New Dance Alliance’s Performance Mix Festival presents the work of over 30 artists annually in contexts ranging from traditional theater performances to site-specific installations to open-rehearsals to video screenings to artist talks. The Performance Mix Festival offers a wide range of avenues for audiences to engage in new explorations in dance, music, video and interdisciplinary performance by emerging and mid-career choreographers.
The Festival offers many benefits, in addition to the full week of events, for participating artists:
- Marketing: Through advanced selection and planning, NDA is able to promote artists for six months in advance of their New York performances via the NDA website and through mailings to the press, benefactors, and presenters.
- Performance Development: Prior to the Festival artists are offered free rehearsal space. These rehearsals can occur at NDA’s studio in Tribeca.
- Touring and Residencies: Artists are encouraged to submit performance and residency proposals to NDA for our Exchange and Residency Programs. NDA has partnered with the Community Education Center in Philadelphia, Studio 303 in Montreal, Earthdance in Plainfield, MA, and White Oak in Yulee, FL.
- Festival Networking: The Breakfast Mix series is a panel-led, interactive discussion critically focused on the multi-faceted challenges faced in the performing.
- Documentation: Festival artists receive complimentary professional–level video documentation of their New York performances.