The LiftOff Residency takes place at NDA’s Studio in Tribeca and provides three physical-based performance artists with a minimum of 36 hours of rehearsal space each.
Applications for the Fall Residency are now closed!
Applications for the Spring LiftOff Residency will open in January 2022. The residency will take place from February – May 2022.
LiftOff Artists are invited to participate in in-person and Zoom Work Sessions. Sharing creative process, project development, and community exchange on the last Monday of every month from 6pm-9pm.
Interested artists must comply with studio regulations:
- No loud music, no live music.
- Barefoot dancing only.
- Props only upon approval.
- No more than three participants per artist/company
- Due to the ongoing pandemic, all artists must be fully vaccinated by the start of the residency.
The studio is available Monday-Friday 10 am-6 pm. Since the studio is located within a private loft, NDA aims to book only 4 hours of rehearsal per day. While space may be available on the studio calendar, if an artist(s) has already booked 4 hours, no more rehearsal can be booked on that day. Please find more details about the studio here.
The LiftOff Residency is FREE. If you are able, please consider making a donation to support the continuation and development of our programs.
Past LiftOff Artists are not eligible to apply.
- 2020: Nami Yamamoto, Marion Spencer, Anh Vo, Camilo Godoy, Molly&Nola
- 2019: Denisa Musilova, Maho Ogawa, Emily Smith, Erik Abbott-Main, Susanne McHugh, Javier Padilla, Catie Leasca, Elena Rose Light, Stuart Meyers
- 2018: Dorian Nuskind-Oder, Stacy Grossfield Dance Projects, Christopher Unpezverde Núñez, Moriah Evans
- 2017: Oren Barnoy, Millie Kapp, Antonio Ramos, Gabrielle Revlock, Urša Sekirnik
- 2016: Ashley A. Friend, Alice Klugherz, Thea Little, Yara Travieso
- 2015: Lindy Fines, Barbara Mahler, Mersiha Mesihovic
- 2014: Sita Frederick, Malcolm Low, Johanna Meyers, Christopher Williams
- 2013: Diana Crum, Rebecca Lloyd Jones, Prentice Whitlow
- 2012: Michael Freeman, Jil Guyon, Michael Samama
LiftOff receives support from New York State Arts Council, New York City Department of Cultural Affairs and the Mertz-Gilmore Foundation.