The LiftOff Residency takes place at NDA’s Studio in Tribeca and provides three physical-based performance artists with a minimum of 36 hours of rehearsal space, and a $500 stipend.
LiftOff Residency Artists Spring 2022
Work Sessions will either be in-person or on zoom, depending on the state of the pandemic. They are designed to share about creative process, project development, and participate in a community exchange. “Dance work” doesn’t always have to be presented, it can be a time to talk about what you’re curious about or currently working on. LiftOff Artists will meet with NDA Executive Director, Karen Bernard, at the beginning of the residency period to meet and schedule work sessions.
Interested artists must comply with studio regulations:
- No loud music, no live music.
- Barefoot dancing only.
- Props only upon approval.
- No more than three participants per artist/company
- Due to the ongoing pandemic, all artists must be fully vaccinated by the start of the residency.
The studio is available Monday-Friday 10 am-6 pm. Since the studio is located within a private loft, NDA aims to book only 4 hours of rehearsal per day. While space may be available on the studio calendar, if an artist(s) has already booked 4 hours, no more rehearsal can be booked on that day. Please find more details about the studio here.
The LiftOff Residency offers a $500 stipend. If you are able, please consider making a donation to support the continuation and development of our programs.
Past LiftOff Artists are not eligible to apply.
- 2021: Mia Martelli, Nick Alselmo, x
- 2020: Nami Yamamoto, Marion Spencer, Anh Vo, Camilo Godoy, Molly&Nola
- 2019: Denisa Musilova, Maho Ogawa, Emily Smith, Erik Abbott-Main, Susanne McHugh, Javier Padilla, Catie Leasca, Elena Rose Light, Stuart Meyers
- 2018: Dorian Nuskind-Oder, Stacy Grossfield Dance Projects, Christopher Unpezverde Núñez, Moriah Evans
- 2017: Oren Barnoy, Millie Kapp, Antonio Ramos, Gabrielle Revlock, Urša Sekirnik
- 2016: Ashley A. Friend, Alice Klugherz, Thea Little, Yara Travieso
- 2015: Lindy Fines, Barbara Mahler, Mersiha Mesihovic
- 2014: Sita Frederick, Malcolm Low, Johanna Meyers, Christopher Williams
- 2013: Diana Crum, Rebecca Lloyd Jones, Prentice Whitlow
- 2012: Michael Freeman, Jil Guyon, Michael Samama
LiftOff receives support from New York State Arts Council, New York City Department of Cultural Affairs and the Mertz-Gilmore Foundation.