Performance Mix Festival
New Dance Alliance presents the
37th Annual Performance Mix Festival
June 8th – 11th, 2023
at Abrons Arts Center as part of the @Abrons Series
Purchase tickets here
in the Experimental Theater
All performances will be live unless otherwise noted.
Day 1: Thursday, June 8th
Program A 7:00pm
- Cinédanse film: Béatriz Mediavilla
- Juan Jesús Guiraldi/UNA Constante*, Juli Brandano, Morgan Amirah Burns*
Program B 8:30pm
- Cinédanse film: Kaveh Nabatian
- Ayan Felix**, Rafael V. Cañals Pérez*, Raúl Tamez
Day 2: Friday, June 9th (daytime event)
Breakfast Mix 10:00am
Breakfast and convivial gathering to meet this year’s international artists held at the NDA studio, 182 Duane St. 3rd fl.
Free event: There is limited space, so please RSVP with email@example.com.
- 10:00 am – 10:30 am
- 10:30 am – 11:00 am
A discussion facilitated by Karen Bernard, Executive Director of NDA, which includes Sylvain Bleau, Director of Cinédanse, filmmakers Jean-Christophe Yacono (yako), Jil Guyon, and Mistaya Hemingway and choreographer, Raúl Tamez.
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Screening of Frederick Gravel and Jean-Christophe Yacono (yako)’s Gravel (re)Works
Day 2: Friday, June 9th (evening performance)
- Cinédanse film: Mistaya Hemingway
- evan ray suzuki*, Katerina & Jay, Maho Ogawa
Day 3: Saturday, June 10th
- Cinédanse film: Jean-Christophe Yacono (yako)
The evening program will be followed by a reception.
Day 4: Sunday, June 11th
Program A 1:00pm
- Cinédanse film: Jil Guyon
- Alexander Diaz**, Ayano Elson, evan ray suzuki* & Frenchie Cavallo Phelps
Program B 2:30pm
- Cinédanse film: Marlene Millar / Migration Dance Film Project
- Alex Romania, Psychic Wormhole / Stacy Lynn Smith
Program C 4:00pm
- Cinédanse film: Barbara Kaneratonni Diabo
- K.J. Holmes*, Nora Sharp
Program D 5:00pm
- Cinédanse film: Thomas Corriveau
- Maxi Hawkeye Canion*, Rebecca Patek and Connor Voss
*LiftOff Resident Artist
**2023 Black Artists Space to Create Resident Artist
Abrons Arts Center 466 Grand Street | New Dance Alliance 182 Duane Street
This season New Dance Alliance has received support for the Performance Mix Festival from the following foundations and organizations:
And from generous individual donors.